Saturday, September 04, 2004

Long Weekend

Ok, Future Doctor went back to school yesterday, it's much too far away for my liking, but I can't help but be super proud of her because this is her dream and she's worked so hard for it, and it's so worth it in the end. It's just getting there that's kind rougg for some many reason's, but she's strong, smart, beautiful and loved.

On a lighter note, my roommate and I are training for a 5k run in October, the Run for the Cure. Last year Future Doctor and Natoleah were going to walk the weekend to end breast cancer, but FD got called away to med school so Natoleah and Roberto did it. I was going to, but my IBS was acting up-again, and I was afraid to commit to it because it was two days and toilets weren't always readily available. They both raised over 2000 dollars each! Amazing!

Anyhoo, the 5k run won't be bad if my tummy is acting up, I'll just run into a store along the route or to the Don River! Kidding...not really. So Peach and I are going to attempt this, and it's going alright so far, this is week three of training. Today it's so fucking hot and humid, I lost five pounds from the run. Now I'm having coffee and a bagel which Nerd brought me because I've become obsessed with viewing other bloggers profiles and haven't gotten up from the computer even though I pooped myself.

We're playing house, looking after his parents dogs and their house. Gorgeous back deck, beautiful garden, small town satanic creepiness...It's like we're grown ups, even though farts are still funny, and burps put me over the edge. Flicking boogers is pretty funny too.

Posted by Loba @ 10:04 a.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Good for you and your goal of the 5km! I am sure proud of you. I hope you had a nice weekend of adulthood. I had a nice weekend of wasting away. Oh and the small town creepiness fades after awhile.

Posted by Blogger browneyedwren @ 8:57 a.m. #
 
<< Home