Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Disgusting things to eat, that are sometimes good.

Ok, I'm the first to admit, I'm super ass picky, and a lot of things disgust the heck out of me, but there are some very gross things out there- such as Wren's illustrious entry on boiled chicken legs.

(Now, I know this is hypocritical of me in the sense that I eat chicken and fish, and wear leather, and I'm totally under the esthetics of the North American clean ideal-if something comes neatly packaged than somehow, horribly, it doesn't seem like it was a living creature or what through an awful procedure, and life, to get to my table (I know that is not true...).
As for wearing leather, I guess the justification comes from, if the animal is going to be killed, than it's better than being wasteful with it's material. As well, some of the alternatives aren't that environmentally friendly either.
Now I don't mean for this to become a politically charged entry, I just wanted to say that I find some food gross, and I wanted to qualify that I'm not totally, and completely naive in the surroundings of certain processes to get us the food on our plate.)

Whether these food stuffs be cultural, religious, or the what not, I'm still allowed to say they're gross. This is because the society in which I grew up, North American culture specifically, has some pretty narsty history. The advent of the fast food restaurant, the rise of a chef, called Bouyardee, preservatives, trans fat, hydrogenation foods, etc., good old North America. So, our malleable palette of tastes have come from a smorgusboard of test tubes in a science lab.

What I find gross-
1. Things that are classified as a loaf
2. Mayonnaise, especially mixed with tuna. I pretty much have to leave the lunch room when I smell that vile concoction.
3. Corn Relish. Especially in splatter form.
4. Cottage Cheese. What the hell is that?
5. Chicken thigh, fish cheek, rabbit brain.
6. Turin of anything
7. Jelly encased meats.
8. Canned meats, fish, shrimp.
9. Fake fruit flavor, like in hard candies-but I like lemonade, but not actual lemons, or citrus flavored food (although Yin's lemon chicken was pretty good)
10. Raisins-failed grapes if you ask me.
11. Dates. Hey man, bad dates killed a monkey in Indian Jones people.
12. Luncheon meats.
13. Hot dogs. Yet, oddly, street meat at 3am is pretty good....

Yeah, so this entry is mildly weird, a mangled triabe if you will, but there you go. I'm tired, so fuck it.

Posted by Loba @ 3:07 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

-chocolate chili tureen is deeelish, but anything meat tureen - eck.
what else, well boiled meat, like boiled ham on easter sunday, omg i hated that.
-cottage cheese, i agree. whole heartily
-brisket soup? tripe stuffed dumplings? chicken feet...cow tongue... eughchsdjg 'salkdlfi that's me barfing.
-tapioca pudding?
-wren-

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:59 p.m. #
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Posted by Blogger Loba @ 4:04 p.m. #
 

Oh, I totally fucking forgot-PORK AND BEANS.
We'd have that on Sunday after church if we didn't go to St. Huberts. How fucking gross is that? Ask any kid- "Hey kid, want Pork and Beans with Lard, or St. Huberts?". Espically after a bloody morning sitting in church glueing fucking gold macaroni to construction paper. If God really saw my arts and crafts, he'd send me straight to hell with how bad they were.

Posted by Blogger Loba @ 4:06 p.m. #
 
<< Home