Monday, November 08, 2004

What a weekend pt. 2!

Friday night, we were suppose to go to the Orbit room to see some live music, but the band doesn't come on until late, so we went to Rebe's and Umars first to have a few drinks and chill there. We played Uker, ukher? How the hell to you spell that? Anywhore, I'm getting better at uhcker (ucher?), but not much. Umar was my partner, so he was nice abou it....because I started to cry. Then, all got sort of tooooo mellow, Rebe fell asleep on the floor, and I stretched out on the couch, so we decided to watch ROCKY 3. That's right my friends! Rocky three! Da da da da da, da da (you know, the theme song). Nerd, Umar and I discovered that Rocky 3 provides all the lines you need to use at work:
1. UUUNNNNHHHH! When Mr. T, I mean Clubber Lang, wins the first fight and he has his arms above his head, and he's baring his teeth going "uuuuhhhhnnnn!", that can be applied to any situation. Don't want to photocopy? Unnnnnhhhh (baring teeth with a mouth guard is essential.) Want a co-workers lunch-UUgggghhhh. You get the picture.
2. I pity the fool.. Really, it applies pre-fixed to any sentence. I pity the fool who doens't shut up in their cubicle. I pity the fool who eats smelly food in the lunch room. I pity the fool who makes me angry. Ugggghhhhh. (I wish I could draw pictures on this)
3. The open mouth cry when Mickey dies. If you don't cry at that scene, you're made of stone. Again, really applies to any situation. Espcially on a Tuesday afternoon and you realize this is your life.
4. Call someone sugar lips.

Rebe woke up to Nerd, Umar and I doing the Ugggghhhhn, "you want me to do what?" and she was like, it's not funny anymore!
Also, for eye of the tiger, when it's played in the movie, there's a tiger roar. And you CANNOT beat the training montage that ends with Carl and Sly frolicking in the water together. I dare say it's better than Rocky 4! And I LOVE Draggo. Also, you can really feel Clubber's anger when he watches Rocky in all those title matches, and when he tells Adrian if she wants a real man, she should come to his apartment, and he'll show her what a real man is. Nice. And Classy!

On a disapointing note, we watched Van Helsing, and whilst I adore Hugh Jackman, the movie sort of totally sucked. I did however like the Friar named Carl. Nice touch.

Did some other shit, and then Sunday night went to see the Cowboy Junkies. We saw them at Trinity Church and it was so pretty, a lovely intimate setting, although my ass was KILLING me after sitting on a church pew for three and a half hours.
The band was great and Margo's voice was so clean and pure, and it's so nice because they've been touring the states since April and her voice still sounded amazing. The song writing was great too. It's sad that crap like lip synching teeny boppers who become washouts by the time there 21 are so popular. Anyhoo.
They did a cover of 'helpless' and sweet jesus it was amazing. And then the last song was 'misguided angel' and it was just so sweet and lovely and clear. It was margo and her brother on an acoustic guitar. Amazing!

Plus, whilst this goes without saying, I had an AMAZING time with Nerd. Even though he chose Van Helsing.

Posted by Loba @ 10:15 a.m.

Read or Post a Comment

i sure do love cowboy junkies. margo's voice is haunting. You lucky to have gone. I love misguided angel. did they do the cover of sweet jane? fuckadillic, wish i was there.
wren.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:41 p.m. #
 

Thank you Lucky7 I would have never have fucking figured that one out. Stupid spelling.
No Sweet Jane, which is the one I REALLY, REALLY wanted, but I gots to tell you, the cover of "Helpless" blew my pants off. I had a blowout.

Posted by Blogger Loba @ 2:51 p.m. #
 

Very nice site! » » »

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:16 a.m. #
 

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP dictionary prozac fargo printer ribbons and supplies Pop up & werbebanner block pontiac grand prix body kits

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 4:15 p.m. #
 
<< Home