Thursday, December 09, 2004

OFfice Etiquette Part deux (and snot crusties)

Do NOT TELL co-workers about your colonique. NOBODY wants to know that you had the shit flushed out of you with a giant hose. NOBODY!!!!!!

So, I'm a bit of spaz, as in klutzy, and never look quite put together. Something is always messy or dirty (coffee on the shirt, I wear my toque for 8 hrs and then can't take it off in the restaurant, I've been wearing the same underwear for 9 days....). I was thinking about what a spaz I was and remembered playing frisbee at a friend's cottage, and at the time was with a chap named Cheetah. We decided to play frisbee. We all have beer in our hands, a great cottage pastime, drinking beers, tossing the frisbee, euchre (uker, ucker, uchker, I hate that word!!!!), etc. CHeetah and Reba were tossing and catching it was such ease, sipping on their beer, enjoying themselves. I'm running around like a total idiot trying to catch it, trying to throw it with some accuracy. I've put down my beer at this point because I'm spilling it all over myself, I'm sweaty and angry because it's so hard....Finally the game ends when I toss the frisbee in the lake by mistake.
Well, for an odd (as in not good) reason that particular memory came tumbling back to me yesterday at work, because of course, even at work, I'm never totally put together, spilt coffee on my dress shirt, or messy hair, or misbuttoned sweater, just looking slightly dishelved, like I did after that stupid game of frisbee.
Wren and I were driving to the mall, and I look in the passenger side mirror, and I've got snot crusties and a crystal light red mustache (from the night before) on my face. No wonder one of my co-workers called me a little girl (he said "Thanks, you're a good girl" He was being nice and not condescending), I have a snot crusty and bright red mustache that looks like I've been supping on Kool Aid!
A the joys of the work place and memories that you can't shake.

Posted by Loba @ 2:07 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Shit yo, I totally forgot about the ring of spaghetti sauce, I'm totally laughing out loud right now. Or, as they say in nerd speak, Laughing Out Loud.

Posted by Blogger Loba @ 2:58 p.m. #
 
<< Home