Friday, January 28, 2005

A meme from Troy-

What year was it? 1994/1995

What were your three favorite bands or musical artists? The Tragically Hip, New Order, The Cranberries

What was your favorite outfit? These old, used 501’s and a hooded sweatshirt

What was up with your hair? It was chlorinated to all get out

Who were your best friends? Jessica Mitchell and Kevin Scholes

Where did you work? I was a lifeguard for the city, and a swim coach for a nationally ranked club

What did you do after school? Swim practice, TV, drinking

Did you take the bus? No, A) I lived in a city, and b) I wasn’t allowed to take public transport after dark-so I got driven everywhere, or when I was lucky, use of my parent’s cars.

Who did you have a crush on? My swim coach, oh, it hurt so much, and of course the grade 10 crush on an older guy, who avoided me like the plague.

Did you fight with your parents? No, but I was a super good liar, so it kept the peace.

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on? Jared Leto, My So Called Life.

Did you smoke cigarettes? No siree bob. Except when I went to school in France and would buy beer for lunch and the grocery store, and then I would bum one of a friend (I think it’s a request for everyone to smoke in France), and I would stumble through my school learned French with the dangling cigarette, trying to look like less of a geek. Yeah, it didn’t work.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack because you were too nervous to find your locker? I was never nervous to go to my locker, just lazy, it was in the basement my last year-so screw it. In grade 11 though, I had the cool locker hallway, so I was ALWAYS there.

Did you have a ‘clique’? No, just hung out with everyone, except grade 11 when I hated pretty much EVERYONE (teenage angst at it’s best my friends). And my OAC year when I skipped so much I was never there to hang out with everyone

Did you have “The Max” like Zach Kelly and Slater? Nope, we had a tuck shop, but mainly I went to Jess’s house to eat Mr. Noodles and ketchup chips.

Admit it, were you popular? I just had lots of friends in lots of groups; I flitted and floated around to lots of groups.

Who did you want to be just like? I wanted to be ‘normal’ and not worried about the environment and how we were all going to die, and mass consumption was going to be our death and multi-national corporations were going to eat us alive. I wanted to be able to laugh freely, and be more lighted hearted. I was an angry little gapper.

What did you want to be when you grew up? A writer/makeup artist, in fact, I still sort of do, because I’m not totally grown up.

Where did you think you’d be at the age you are now? Dead. I was an unhappy little teen.

THE END

Posted by Loba @ 4:02 p.m.