Friday, January 21, 2005

SLipping and SLidding

So I was out one of our doughnut houses this week, and it was alright actually. I've never seen so many bloody (literally) religious things hanging on the wall outside of Italy. It's weird for a doughnut shop, but I guess you play to the demographics right?
So, I'm at the top of a set of spiral stairs, a huge set (it's a fancy shop), and I think ok, Lobe, let's be realistic, how many sets of stairs have you made it down if the said stair case has more than 10 stairs, without falling. ZERO. Drunk or sober. I fell down our stairs just the other day and broke a dinner plate and bruised my ass.
So I grabbed onto the railing, and vroossshhh my hand slides about three feet, and my feet are still at the top of the stairs. I'm a little freaked out, because really this could be dangerous, but I grip as hard as I can to the FRESHLY OILED BANISTER IN A HEAVILY TRAFFICKED AREA and pray (thank goodness for bloody, literally, Jebus) that my hand will stay in this spot and I can catch my feet up to my body. I manage to, but keep my now oily hands off the railing, and trip down the last three stairs.
At least it was the last three stairs, and not at the top of the 30 stair spiral.

Posted by Loba @ 4:01 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:00 a.m. #
 

What a great site » »

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:55 p.m. #
 
<< Home