Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Yesterday was a bit of a weird day. I, myself, wasn’t feeling weird, actually I was feeling mildly blah, but the events that unfolded in a series of a five minute span was a bit odd.

I was driving away from my parents place, and ahead of me was someone on a bike, on the sidewalk, wearing a cape. A cape. A plaid cape.
I slowed down a bit, and lowered my window and turned down my loud music, and heard: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Weird.

Then I pulled into a plaza to mail some letters, and I heard someone talking about their father who was a survivor of a concentration camp.
It was just such a bizarre juxt of position. Someone, who was at least in their mid-20’s wearing a plaid cape, going downhill on a bike yelling WEEEEEEEEEE, and then a few moments later being startled back into such a stark, horrifying reality of concentration camps and war, and how really, it still goes on today. Different countries, same atrocities.

I don’t know, a little weird I think.

Posted by Loba @ 2:07 p.m.